Colon Hydrotherapy is a safe and gentle, warm internal bath using filtered, purified water that gently assists in eliminating stored fecal matter, gas, mucus and toxic substances from the colon. Colon Hydrotherapy is also known as Colonics, Colon Irrigation, and Colon Therapy.
Colon Hydrotherapy has been used for centuries and can be dated back as far as the 14th century B.C. The ancient Egyptian medical document known as the Eber Papyrus shows that the procedure of colon cleansing was used in the treatment of no less than twenty different stomach aliments and intestinal complaints. In the early 1900’s, John H. Kellogg, M.D., the lead physician at the Battle Creek Sanitarium for health and founder of Kellogg Cereals, used colon therapy on over forty thousand patients. Kellogg was an early advocate of exercise and “biologic living” to avoid surgery for gastrointestinal disease. Dr. Kellogg published an article in the Journal of the American Medical Association praising colon therapy’s efficacy in saving dysfunctional bowels and restoring optimal health.
It’s no secret that poor digestion is a chronic issue for countless South Africans and the result of an overworked digestive system that is bombarded with fast foods, processed and genetically modified foods, toxins, alcohol consumption, medications and stress.
Dr. Motsisi responds to your colon’s SOS call by offering state-of-the art, Colon Hydrotherapy treatment that effectively cleanses your colon, detoxes and reduces digestive discomfort by flushing out waste material that your body may not be removing effectively.
Your Colon, Your Health
The colon (large intestine) is approximately five feet long and two and a half inches in diameter, but it is capable of stretching to five times its size. This hollow, tube-like organ is muscular and moves material through it by a process known as peristalsis. The major functions of the colon are final food digestion, absorption of water and nutrients, elimination of digestive residue, and discharge of toxins and waste from the body. When the colon becomes compromised due to diet, environment, stress, and other factors, it accumulates and stores unhealthy residue and toxins—disabling the body’s natural systems of elimination, purification and nutrient absorption.
Bacteria thrive in the colon. Balanced diets free of refined and processed food keep the bacteria in an optimal balance and allow the breakdown of waste and absorption of nutrients. When diet and lifestyle change, bad bacteria and yeast overcome the good flora growth and produce toxins. Toxins build up in the colon, and the body’s natural defense is mucous. Layering begins and can eventually compromise the colon. Toxins break down the protective lining of the colon and are transported by the blood to the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system for further filtering—overburdening the body’s organs.
If your colon could speak it would be asking for help, and that’s why Dr. Motsisi is here?
Call us on 011 640 3593, we will give you advise on treatments such as Physiotherapy, Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, and Spiritual Healing
The colon is the last five feet of the intestine. It is a hollow, sausage-like organ made up layers of tissue that move digested food along in a wave like motion, known as peristalsis, to be eliminated.
Colonic Hydrotherapy is also referred to as Colonic Irrigation or a Colonic. Colonic Hydrotherapy uses gentle, filtered, temperature controlled water for inner cleansing of the colon, essentially ‘cleaning the pipes’. Over the years, with poor digestive function, the digestive system may not effectively eliminate waste resulting in an accumulation of faecal matter including bad bacteria, mould, yeast and parasites. If stored for too long it leads to an unhealthy digestive environment which may result in symptoms such as bloating, gas, headaches or skin conditions.
This flow of water continues until light cramping is experienced. At this point you will release the water and the faecal matter is eliminated in a hygienic like manner. This process is repeated until the 8 gallons/42 litres (1 full tank) of water has been used. Each time you release the water, you are also releasing waste material from your digestive tract, which may not have been removed without the procedure.
Dr Motsisi’s colonic treatment is with the latest Closed Colon hydrotherapy system that is pressurized. Comfort and clinical support are of highest priority.
A series of three to four treatments are initially recommended for a comprehensive cleanse of the colon. This isn’t to say that a single treatment is of no value. Please speak to your therapist as she can assist you with individual recommendations for your current health needs.
Having a colonic is like giving your body a good internal cleanse. Why not give it a complete clean by supporting it with nutrients such as herbs, enzymes, cleansing juices, vitamins and minerals? We have qualified staff who can discuss these options with you. Don’t stop at detoxing; rejuvenate your body health so you can achieve optimal health within the clinic.
No, you will be alone in a private room. The Colon Hydrotherapist will be on hand to assist you if needed and they fully appreciate the sensitivity of the colonic procedure and will help you to feel at ease. After the initial insertion of a small catheter into the rectum, you will be completely covered. During the procedure, sterile tubing carries the waste material out to maintain a hygienic environment.
- Eliminates impacted layers of bacteria, toxins, mucous and residues. Treatments promote healthy colon surface cells and lining. This allows nutrients to pass into the bloodstream, and hormones and lubricants to be secreted normally. Treatments also help prevent toxin absorption from impacted fecal matter.
- Improves peristaltic (muscular contraction) activity. Colon Hydrotherapy provides therapeutic improvement of proper muscle tone, which allows a healthy colon’s muscular contractions to move food through the intestinal tract, thereby maximizing absorption of nutrients and promoting regular evacuation.
- Reduces stagnation. Treatments allow the proliferation of healthy bacteria and micro flora. This aids digestion, promotes the manufacture of vital nutrients, maintains a proper pH (acid-base balance), and keeps harmful bacteria in check.
- Reshapes and tones the colon. The shape of the problematic colon can become very distorted. A series of treatments helps eliminate protruding pockets and spastic constrictions, gradually allowing the colon to resume its natural shape and function.
- Removes undigested food particles and promotes regular bowel movements to prevent buildup of toxins, excessive fermentation and putrefaction.
- The process of digestion (ingestion to defecation) normally takes between twelve and twenty-four hours, assuming that the colon is fully functional.Irregular and infrequent bowel movements allow undigested foods to remain in the colon, causing fermentation and buildup of toxic residue. Treatments remove these food particles, promoting colon health and normal function.
- Removes parasites. Intestinal parasites are (usually) microscopic organisms that draw energy and food from their hosts. It is estimated that 200 million people are infected by intestinal parasites. Byproducts of parasites can be toxic to the body, and this overload of toxins challenges the immune system if left untreated. Parasites can live for many years undetected. Examples of parasites are tapeworms, whiteworms, redworms, inchworms, blackworms, pinworms, little fish, threadworms, fuzzballs, spiderworms, and stickpin worms. Colon Hydrotherapy sessions support the body’s immune system by flushing out parasites.
Only occasionally diarrhoea or loose bowel movements may be experienced. This could be due to the extra water introduced into the colon with the procedure. If this occurs, it is generally of short duration, anything that continues needs be monitored.